Hello dear folks,
As I lay in bed with a viral ick, I can't help but think and imagine how we can keep momentum, activate new energy, and maximize benefit for our dear project, SMS.
I am lying here reading a bunch about gifting circles, open source ideas and economies, etc. I also read Tiffy and Janis' new ideas for spring at Starseed, and would like to share how impressed and inspired I am by the way you two have founded and evolved this program. So many great things have been planted there (of COURSE! StarSEED is the name, after all!)
Anyway, can we schedule a time to gather and talk about creating a unified template for our program economies? I would really love to continue with the thrust towards a gift economy, and gain insight from Janis and Tiffy about how this worked for Starseed during this semester.
I would love to come up with a baseline budget- 1/3 cash, 2/3 gift? ....this is how I have been working with numbers, and would like to expand and refine the idea. I love the idea Sue mentioned, of presenting our baseline cash needs, and then allowing an open source commitment of family contributions. David, Sue, Sara and I know what our baseline is for LV, but I am unsure about Starseed?
My reasoning is this- We may be hiring a bookkeeper at the beginning of the year, and will need to begin filing IRS tax docs for our non-profit, and thusly, a working, AND sacred template for budgeting is soon needed. We need to create something that looks to our future (100% gift?) and also acknowledges where we are now (a set amount of cash is needed to keep us operational). I feel that the model created by Starseed is a very good start, and would like to flesh out more details, and get us all harmonized and committed to working in this way.
I propose that we put the economic discussion on the agenda for our next individual meetings as Starseed and LV, and then come together as a larger group to share, refine, and get something solid on paper. I believe we are essentially creating an economic model for the entire project, and all its industries, and that it is starting with the children's programs for a very good reason! They are assisting us as we bring in this new template...
So, how about we try for the week after the new moon ceremony in January. Will this give us time to have individual program meetings? I will be available all week after Xmas, and through the new year, and this will be my number one priority. The only iffy bit is the health of my mom and grandma, which could turn unpredictably.....
David and Sue- can we plan a meeting for this coming week? Friday is solstice day, so that won't work. Are any other days possible?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.