Friday, July 27, 2012

Helle Heckmann

I'm having trouble finding a site that explains her outdoor program in Denmark.  Here's some info I'm cutting out of a longer article you can read if interested (pdf link at bottom).  Probably, we should own her book "A Garden for Kids" or the DVD (http://store.waldorfearlychildhood.org/nurturing-young-children-and-their-families/a-garden-for-kids-more-news-from-nokken-and-helle-heckmann.html).

“Our first priority is to spend most of the day outdoors. We spend five out of the six
hours we are together outdoors.” The children and staff walk daily to a park with
open natural spaces and also have a garden with many fruit trees, berry bushes,
sand pits, a hen house, rabbit cages, a pigeon house, a vegetable garden, a herb
garden, flower beds and a laundry area. The children who are younger and need to
nap sleep outside in an open shed, which is common in Denmark.

www.christopherushomeschool.org/fileadmin/pdf/NokkenReview.pdf+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgiGsGnQLZkimEVWFsLuc0n9he-7irJ8Z4IALkYxTHtnBDLhwdxmfcZ6yTSgCr8OQEIkbkS-Mks8ao64ZphzL9ihfJVcV84x9WTEfb91V8YyDhbZZN5XvPsN3UkLrv0_uc9YobT&sig=AHIEtbTAXo60PS5a1IFZjgQ7w1pxJEiFJA)

1 comment:

  1. I also included a link (under links to the right) of my friend's blog (I know her from my teacher training in Seattle). She did her internship in Denmark with Helle Heckman and wrote an interesting paper on her mixed age kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.