Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Cycle of Harmony and The Two Promises


The Two Promises I vow to develop UNDERSTANDING in order to live peacefully with people, animals, plants, rocks and minerals. I vow to develop COMPASSION in order to support the well-being of people, animals, plants, rocks and minerals. The two promises is adapted from the Learning Environment at Plum Village Community in France, a Buddhist practice community centered around the teaching of Ticht Nat Hahn. I have a book called 'planting seeds- how to practice mindfulness with children' And I would love to for everyone to get a copy, or perhaps we could set up a 'borrowing schedule'. It would blend so very nicely into a Waldorf inspired environment, and basically builds on the idea that when we are seeking to evolve the planet and our species through a deepening of our respective spiritual paths, it behooves us to begin providing our 'starseeds' with a beautiful, functional, adaptable set of tools and options with which they can direct, redirect, refine and channel their impulses, tendencies, desires, emotions, etc etc. the book contains many teaching tools, 'lesson plans' and activities which integrate sensory and extra-sensory engagement. The two promises is a 'starter concept' which could evolve into the 'cycle of harmony' that is our core operating modality at the learning village. I will post the image for the cycle of harmony when I can figure out how!

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Septimbor. If you would like me to post the image you emailed, let me know. I would like to read the book!

    The world is so connected. A good friend of mine from the teacher training in Seattle spent much of her childhood in Plum Village. She and her mother are French and her mother ended up marrying an American monk there! He became a Waldorf teacher and she became the head of two different Waldorf schools in Seattle. So, yes, there is definitely harmony between Plum Village and Waldorf! I'll have to connect with her again and find out more on that subject...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Please publish the visuals.....
      Incredible connections are being made, my new friend and cocreator!

      Delete
  2. Done. FYI -- I had to convert the file to a jpg (used photoshop)... that's why it didn't work. It also accepts gifs and pngs.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.