Hi Everyone,
I had mentioned in the meeting on Aug. 3rd, that our family was spontaneously invited to be guests of a family who lived on a 100 acre farm in Maine. It was a surprising and heartwarming experience to meet such wonderful people and to learn about the way that they live their lives~ amidst such beauty. A primary topic of connection was nature based schooling for our precious children and I was gifted with so much knowledge about the creation of their sweet school "School Around Us" now over 40 years ago. It seemed serendipitous to say the least.
I wanted to share the website for the link with hopes that it might provide some good ideas about organization~ or perhaps just inspiration about points to consider.
Peace and Love,
Jesse
http://www.schoolaroundus.org/Home.html
ps I will be sharing some photos soon.
It will not surprise most of you to know that this is the school in Maine that I spoke of where they had a flexible tuition based on what a family could contribute. I do not know if they still run that way. I could not find it conclusively on the website. Perhaps Jesse knows of if from her visit there. I kept trying to remember the name of the school so I was joyful to see Jesse's post and it could not be better to have it happen this way. Unity! Another amazing connection. The web of light in which we are has become very active!
ReplyDeleteAwesome synchronicity! Jesse, I think you may have actually been visiting with these people at the same time Sue was mentioning it in our meeting. I've added it to links at the right so that we can access it easily.
ReplyDeleteTiffany plans on contacting the school to learn more about how we might put some of their ideas into practice with Starseed. Jess, could you connect her with your friend? It would be specifically helpful to obtain a copy of their parent handbook.
Septimbor, I think you will be interested in checking out how they do their homeschool enrichment classes alongside the full curriculum since this is your idea for the Learning Village. You can download their curriculum handbook from under the tab "about us".
Yay! Just read these comments! Amazing the connectedness! I will get in touch with Leah and ask if we can get a copy of their parent handbook! :) I would also be happy to ask Leah Simoncic about the best contact person for the school. ;)
ReplyDelete